Leaping through the blogging portal…

This blog is intended to be the portal to which I enter the world of blogging for the classroom.  Incorporating technology is not new to me, I have been using various tech tools for in my CTE business and computer applications courses. However, up until now, other that creating web sites for intercessions, I haven’t used blogging as an educational tool.

Recently, I was fortunate enough to spend several days with some fellow computer tech teachers from other districts, discussing how to best use technology as a tool to support academic success. It was apparent that while the majority of educators are embracing technology, it is still widely under-used and misused. Using blogging in the classroom is an opportunity to work with my students to ethically create their digital footprints. It also provides a platform to assist my fellow faculty members in integrating blogs effectively into their classrooms.

3 thoughts on “Leaping through the blogging portal…

1. I agree with you. Students need to develop a digital footprint that is positive and shows who they are as learners. Surely college admissions reps and scholarship panels will google applicants, blogs could give them a great way to demonstrate what does not show up on an application.

• The days of online anonymity are gone. Students, teachers, and the public in general need to be aware and proceed accordingly. Best place to start is at the beginning of their digital voyage…